Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 lbs. ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, zucchini, and basil and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and the onion is transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot sauce over spaghetti.