Nectarine-Cherry Tart with Oat Crumble Topping
Drizzle the warm tart with heavy cream for an extra special treat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 prepared pie crust (9”)
- 2 large ripe nectarines, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. instant tapioca
- 1 Tbsp. firm butter, diced
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Press the prepared pie crust into the bottom and sides of a greased tart pan with a removable bottom, and cut off excess.
- Filling: Toss the nectarine slices and cherries together, then add ½ cup brown sugar and tapioca. When this mixture is well combined, add the butter and vanilla extract. Spoon the mixture into the tart crust.
- Topping: combine the oats, ½ cup sugar, flour, and butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over the filling and press down gently.
- Bake until topping is brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.