Neon Angel Cake
Don’t be afraid to get crazy now and then. Bright candies or slices of star fruit may give your artistic creation that star quality you’re looking for. Mix or match your favorite gelatin flavor and color.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) angel food cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 package (3 oz.) lemon instant gelatin
- Paste food coloring
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, defrosted
- Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions. Grease and flour 2 round cake pans (8"). Set aside.
- Mix batter according to instructions. Add gelatin to batter spoonful by spoonful until you reach desired color/flavor intensity. Bake cake according to package instructions.
- Cool cake completely. Meanwhile, mix food coloring and whipped topping to desired color. Frost cake with colored whipped topping.