New England Fish Cakes
This familiar fish cake has the fresh flavor of haddock. Serve them with a spicy sauce or a fresh spritz of lemon.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. haddock
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 egg whites
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Finely shred the raw fish with a fork. Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a medium bowl; mix well. Form the mixture into small oval patties. Dredge in brown rice flour.
- Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place the haddock in the pan and loosely cover with the lid; sauté the fish cakes for 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Drain on a rack covered with paper towels; serve immediately.