New Potato and Asparagus Salad
This spring salad is full of herbs and flavor. It is delicious served warm, but can also be made ahead of time and served cold.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. coarse-ground Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lb. new potatoes, halved
- Add the tarragon, thyme, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar to a mixing bowl. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes, or until bright green and firm but tender. Remove from the water and shock in ice water.
- Add the potatoes to the pot of water and bring back to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the potatoes, asparagus, and vinaigrette together in a large bowl and transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm, at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to a day before serving.