Niçoise Salad with Grilled Tuna
This version of a classic salad from the south of France is a very refreshing choice for a hot summer better. It’s even better when you serve it al fresco with a chilled bottle of rosé wine.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2⁄3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tuna steaks (4 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small red leaf lettuce, trimmed, cleaned, and dried
- 1 cup trimmed, halved, and cooked green beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large sprig fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, honey, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Slowly drizzle in 2⁄3 cup oil while whisking. Whisk until creamy.
- Rinse the tuna under cold, running water and pat dry. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering. Sear tuna steaks for 1 1⁄2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the tuna to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut into 1⁄4 " slices.
- Divide among 4 large plates: lettuce leaves, tuna slices, green beans, tomatoes, eggs, onion, bell pepper, basil, and olives. Drizzle with dressing and serve.