No-Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bars
Covered with a thick slab of chocolate, these no-bake, nut-based bars provide a delicious mid-afternoon energy boost. If you plan to take these for lunch or as a travel snack, freeze the bars beforehand to keep the chocolate cold so they don’t melt in transit. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup raw whole walnuts
- 1 cup raw whole cashews
- 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 Tbsp. plus ⅓ cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup sugar-free chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts, cashews, and coconut until ingredients are blended. Add the dates, quinoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and water and mix until mixture comes together and looks like cookie dough. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Line an 8" × 8" baking dish with parchment paper and spread the dough out in the dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil with the cocoa. Add remaining 1/3 cup maple syrup and remaining vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the cookie dough bars and sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover dish and place in freezer to chill for 1 hour. Remove from freezer, cut into squares, and enjoy.