No-Bake Coconut Bites
When you’re craving something sweet, but don’t want a sugary snack, reach for these tasty, naturally-sweetened bites.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1 1⁄2 cup raw pecans
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
- Place dates in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside for 5 minutes, then drain. Place 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add dates, 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes, coconut oil, almond extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, and coconut butter to the food processor and pulse until the mixture is well combined and sticky.
- Using a mini ice cream or cookie scoop, form the dough into 16 balls. Roll balls in the reserved coconut. Transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.