No-Bake Granola Bars
These easy-to-prepare bars made with Kamut, an ancient variety of high-protein wheat, provide quick protein and can be packed in a lunchbox or backpack for later.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup puffed kamut or quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. natural almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. molasses
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, puffed kamut or quinoa, and whole-wheat flour. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press into an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into bars and store in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat or pack.