No Bean Chili
For a variation, try this with lean beef sirloin instead of pork.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 large poblano chilies, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pork, onion, chilies, and garlic. Sauté, 10 minutes until the pork is no longer visibly pink on any side. Drain off any fats or oils and discard them.
- Pour the pork mixture into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the cumin, 1 teaspoon oregano, chicken broth, tomatoes, and cayenne pepper. Stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Sprinkle the remaining oregano over the chili to serve.