Traditional Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies so look for a vegan version.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 whole bulb garlic with peel, sliced in half crosswise
- 1 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 cups water
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients. Cover, and cook on low heat for 8–10 hours.
- Strain the broth to remove the vegetables. Cool broth and store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2–3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.