You can vary the flavor by substituting different extracts for the citrus extracts, but always add the vanilla extract.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 10 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp. orange extract
- ¼ tsp. lemon extract
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9" spring-form pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until it’s very smooth. Slowly beat in the sweetener 1 tablespoon at a time. Then, add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the remaining ingredients, scrape down the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared spring-form pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn down the heat to 275°F and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until the edges are lightly brown (the cheesecake may be cracked on top). Turn off the oven.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, run a thin-bladed knife around the edge of the pan, and return the pan to the oven to cool slowly. If the center of the cheesecake still looks a little undercooked, it will firm up in the oven as it slowly cooks.
- Cover the cooled cheesecake with the plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days. To serve, run a knife around the edges again and remove the sides of the spring-form pan.