No-Crust Lime Cheesecake
The secret to this cheesecake is to make sure that the cottage cheese is completely smooth before proceeding with the recipe.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 6 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 package (8 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 oz.) nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, sugar, lime juice; blend or process until very smooth. Scrape down sides and blend or process again.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine both packages of cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add sour cream; beat again until smooth. Add egg and beat well, then add cottage cheese mixture and beat well. Stir in egg whites, cornstarch, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes or until cheesecake is set around edges but still soft in center. Remove from oven and place on wire rack; let cool for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours.