No Dairy Apple Cake
To vary the flavor of this cake, you can substitute pears or other fresh fall or winter fruits. If you like, sprinkle the cake with confectioners’ sugar or cinnamon sugar before serving.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups plus 5 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a Bundt pan. Mix apples with cinnamon and 5 tablespoons sugar.
- Sift together the flour, the remaining 2 cups sugar, and the baking powder. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk in the oil, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until smooth. Fold in the apples. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.