No Grain Bread
This bread is perfect for sandwiches, toast, or even grilled cheese. The flax seed adds antioxidants and fiber, making this bread nutritious and delicious.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 cups golden flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. wheat-free baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper in a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flax seed meal, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add eggs, water, and oil to dry ingredients and combine well. Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up, then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the top is brown and the loaf springs back when you touch the top.
- Cool and cut into slices. Store leftovers in the refrigerator to preserve freshness for up to 5 days.