No Grill Beer Brats
Don’t let a lack of a grill keep you from enjoying a traditional taste of summer when your oven can serve as a great stand-in to cook these flavorful brats.
Serves: 5Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 package Kroger® Classic Bratwurst
- 1 bottle lager or pilsner beer
- 5 brat buns
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In 8”X8” baking dish, place onion and sauerkraut. Top with brats in a single layer. Pour beer over pan.
- Wrap pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until brats register an internal temperature of 165°F.
- When ready to serve, heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook brats, searing on each side, 1 to 3 minutes, until browned. Serve brats in buns topped with beer braised onions, sauerkraut and mustard. Refrigerate leftovers.