No-Salt Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas make an absolutely delicious snack, especially when they’re eaten straight out of the oven. Serve them as a warm appetizer in a bowl, just as you would nuts, or toss them with salads instead of croutons. They’re totally addictive, so watch out—you may find yourself eating more than just the
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cans (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tsp. salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a medium cast-iron skillet or baking sheet with 1 teaspoon olive oil and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and toss well to coat.
- Transfer chickpeas to the skillet or baking sheet and spread evenly. Place on middle rack in oven and bake 10 minutes. Stir chickpeas and bake another 10 minutes. Stir one more time and bake a final 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.