No-Sugar Banana Walnut Bread
This bread is sweetened only with bananas. Add up to 1⁄4 cup of honey or coconut palm sugar if you prefer your bread a bit sweeter.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heavily grease an 8 1⁄2 " × 4 1⁄2 " loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking soda. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the melted coconut oil, vinegar, eggs, and bananas. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you have a thick batter. Fold the chopped walnuts into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Smooth the top of the loaf with a spatula dipped in water.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean and the top of the bread is golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes; then place loaf on a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.