No-Sugar Buckwheat Pancakes
You can substitute almond milk for the cow’s milk to deliver a slightly nutty flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1½ tsp. low-sodium baking powder
- 2 egg whites from large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1¼ cup skim milk
- Sift the flours and baking powder together. Combine the egg whites, apple juice concentrate, and skim milk.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well, but do not overmix.
- Cook the pancakes in a nonstick skillet or on a griddle treated with nonstick spray over medium heat. Turn when pancakes start to form bubbles and cook until browned.