Nomadʼs Fruit and Nut Dish
This stunning dish is delicious on its own, but itʼs also fantastic on rice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped dried orange rind
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Place the pistachio nuts in a small dry skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until they become fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Combine pistachios with the remaining ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on low for 4–5 hours.