A noodle pancake makes a nice alternative to rice in stir-fries, and tastes great topped with a fried egg.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak noodles in very hot water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly and toss with sesame oil, egg, and scallions.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to a preheated wok or medium skillet. When oil is hot, add noodles. Use a spatula to press down on the noodles and form into a pancake shape. Cook until a thin brown crust forms on the bottom—this will take at least 5 minutes. Slide the pancake out of the pan onto a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the wok. Turn the noodle pancake over, put back in the wok, and cook until the other side is browned. Remove from the wok. Top with cilantro.