North African Chermoula
Chermoula is a hot sauce used all over northern Africa. Itʼs especially popular in Morocco and Tunisia, where it is most commonly used as a spice rub for fish. It has a wonderful citrus flavor and is also nice on grilled chicken and pork.
Makes: 1½ cupsHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 1½ cups
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley leaves and stems
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- Grated zest of 2 medium lemons
- 4 tsp. pink peppercorns
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine garlic, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, peppercorns, chili powder, and cumin in a blender. Purée on low until combined.
- With the blender running, slowly add oil in a steady stream.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.