North Star Cookies
These stunning cookies look difficult to pull off, but they’re as simple as any other sandwich cookie.
- 1 (18 oz.) roll Pillsbury™ Sugar Refrigerated Cookies
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Work with half of cookie dough at a time; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- On floured surface with rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness (about 9-inch round). Cut with floured 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter. With 1-inch star-shaped cutter, cut out small star from center of half of the cookies. Place large stars 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Place small stars 1 inch apart on another ungreased cookie sheet; refrigerate while baking large stars. Repeat with remaining dough.
- For large stars, bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. For small stars, bake 4 to 6 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool all cookies completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spread each large whole cookie with 1 tsp. jam. Sprinkle large cut-out cookies with powdered sugar; place over jam-topped cookies, pressing lightly.
- Spread half of small cookies with about 1/4 tsp. jam. Sprinkle remaining half of small cookies with powdered sugar; place over jam-topped cookies, pressing lightly. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.