Norwegian Jelly Cookies
While mint or currant jelly is traditional, you can use any type you like. If you want to try a cross-cultural experience, use jalapeño jelly. Spicy, but delicious!
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 24 cookies
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in egg yolk, then flour.
- Roll dough into 1" balls. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in nuts.
- Place on baking sheet; press down centers with your finger to form a hollow. Bake 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven; press down hollow again. Bake 10 more minutes. Fill centers with jelly before serving.