Norwegian Salmon Loaf
Salmon, dill and chives are a delicious and healthful alternative to a traditional meat loaf.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) red salmon, with liquid
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. celery, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, fold together the salmon, eggs, cracker crumbs, onion, celery, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, chives, salt, and white pepper. Transfer the mixture to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 40 minutes.