Not-So-Spicy Jerk Chicken
This is a milder take on this typically ultra-spicy Caribbean favorite.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 jar (8 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Place in a large baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender, combine onion, scallion, jalapeño, and garlic. Add black pepper, salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, lime juice, and oil and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture over chicken and stir well to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Place wings in one layer in the prepared roasting pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Purée red peppers in a food processor or blender. To serve, top rice with red pepper puree, chicken wings, and sesame seeds.