Not-Your-Average Scrambled Eggs
By combining egg substitute with real eggs, you get the taste of real scrambled eggs with half the fat and cholesterol, and the mushrooms add flavor and fiber.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 package (3 oz.) nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup 1% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups liquid egg substitute
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
- Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender combine cream cheese, milk, and eggs; blend until smooth. Add liquid egg substitute, egg whites, pepper, and cheese; process or blend until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into saucepan and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are just set but still moist. Serve immediately.