Nut Crackers with Dip
This recipe makes a great appetizer or snack. It is good served with dips or soups.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- 2 cups almonds, soaked in water for 12 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 12 hours, drained and rinsed
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Grind the flaxseeds to a powder in a coffee grinder.
- In a food processor, process the almonds, ground flaxseeds, ½ teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the pine nuts and spread the cracker batter on dehydrator trays with nonstick sheets. Dehydrate at 115°F for 24 hours.
- To prepare the dip, place the cashews, avocado, olive oil, the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of salt, and the garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.