Nut-Free Cranberry Granola Bars
These bars are great for most schools that have nut bans and of course for anyone with a nut allergy. Make batches ahead of time to bring to school, work, or while out and about.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup rice crisp cereal
- ½ cup plus 2 tsp. oat flour
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup ground and milled flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pitted, chopped medjool dates
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9" × 13" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add oats, cereal, oat flour, brown sugar, salt, and flaxseed to a stand mixer and mix to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine oil, maple syrup, cranberries, and dates. Add to mixer and mix until combined.
- Use a spatula to spread mixture out evenly in prepared pan.
- Place another piece of parchment paper over top of mixture and use a heavy, flat object (such as a book) to press down evenly and firmly. Remove parchment paper and bake 16–18 minutes (don’t throw top layer of parchment paper away).
- Once done, use parchment paper and heavy object to squash down bars again.
- Place pan on top of a cookie sheet and refrigerate 15–20 minutes. This will allow you to easily cut bars and give bars a slightly more chewy texture. (Leaving pan to cool outside of refrigerator is not recommended.)