Nutty Apple Muffins
These muffins are delicious—top with low-fat ice cream for a light, sweet dessert.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 12-cup muffin tray with nonstick cooking spray, or insert paper baking cups into tray.
- Combine egg, orange juice, canola oil, apples, flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tray.
- Prepare topping in a small bowl by combining cinnamon, brown sugar, and walnuts. Sprinkle topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out dry.