Nutty Caramel Corn
A fun snack for the fall, this fan favorite is commonly seen around Halloween. Try it along with some caramel apples, and you will have a party.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (3 1⁄2 oz.) plain microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup dry-roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup or honey
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the popped popcorn and nuts.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup or honey, and salt. Heat over medium-high heat until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring constantly. This should take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour caramel mixture over the popcorn and nuts, mixing well. Spread out the popcorn mixture on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.