Nutty Garlic Green Beans
This beautiful and festive dish is the perfect side dish for roast chicken or at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1½ lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and red onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add green beans; cook and stir for 3 minutes longer.
- Add water and bring to a simmer. Cover saucepan, reduce heat, and simmer for 6–8 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain.
- Return saucepan to medium heat and add salt, pepper, orange juice, honey, and parsley. Bring to a simmer; simmer for 3–4 minutes until beans are glazed. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve immediately.