NY-Style Italian Combo Submarine
This is a classic in the New York area. The key is finding the authentic Italian-style cold cuts.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 long submarine rolls, sliced in half
- 3 cups green leaf lettuce
- 4 oz. provolone cheese, sliced
- 6 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. salami, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, and oregano, and drizzle on the insides of the rolls. Layer half of the lettuce, then cheese, meats, tomato and remaining lettuce on one side of the roll. Top with the other half of the roll.