Oat Bran Muffins
These deliciously dense muffins are hearty, tasty, and packed full of health benefits. Clean and filling is a great combination in this perfect breakfast on the go.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup crushed bran flakes
- 1⁄2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1⁄2 cup Sucanat
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dry rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, bran flakes, flaxseed, Sucanat, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add egg whites, eggs, applesauce, almond milk, canola oil, agave nectar, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour muffin mix evenly into each of the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the 1⁄2 cup of oats over top, and press down lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a fork inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.