These are like a bowl of oatmeal to go. They’re a great alternative to purchased energy bars. You get protein from the egg and yogurt and lots of fiber from the oatmeal and apricots.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pulse the oats in a food processor 10 times, then add the flour, chia seeds, and baking powder and pulse to mix.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy, then add the yogurt, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla. Add the oat mixture and dried apricots to the yogurt mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Roll the mixture into 8 balls and flatten them into thick, cylindrical patties.
- Bake them on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate unless eating right away.