These crackers make a great snack to keep in the car. Oats are both satisfying and great artery cleansers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats, minced in food processor
- 2 tsp. wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Mix the flour, oats, wheat germ, and butter in a food processor until the mixture is the texture of cornmeal.
- Add the sour cream and lemon juice and mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, flatten into a disc, and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Roll the chilled dough out thin and cut out 2" rounds with a cookie cutter or wineglass. Put the crackers on the prepared baking sheet pan and sprinkle them with kosher salt. Bake 12 minutes, let cool, and serve.