Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
Oatmeal adds body and fiber to these fruity muffins.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, and buttermilk until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the wells in the muffin liners, about 2⁄3 full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the center muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins to a wire rack and cool completely.