Oatmeal Cookie with Berries & Nuts
A chewy cookie with dried cranberries, fresh fruit and nuts is a dessert for all ages!
Serves: 24Prep: 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Old Fashioned Oats
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts with Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Dried Cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana, then mix with butter and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Gradually blend dry mixture into mashed banana mixture. Stir in oats and dried fruits to combine.
- Spoon 1” balls of dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, placing 1½” apart for room to spread. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.