Oatmeal Cranberry Chews
Dried cranberries add a tart flavor to these chewy, crisp cookies.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in 1 egg. In another bowl, sift the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the flour.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture, blending thoroughly. Stir in the oatmeal and dried cranberries. If the cookie dough is too dry, beat in the remaining egg.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the dough, placing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until done.