Oatmeal Cranberry Chews
Dried cranberries add a tart flavor to these chewy, crisp cookies.
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, divided
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" × 13" baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in 1 egg. In another bowl, sift the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the flour.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture, blending thoroughly. Stir in the oatmeal and dried cranberries. If the cookie dough is too dry, beat in the remaining egg.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the dough, placing the cookies about 2" apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until done.