Makes: 60 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 60 cookies
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 package (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing well. In another bowl, sift together the sifted flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture. Add the oats and chocolate chunks and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool on a rack.