Add extra coconut milk to this recipe to turn it into a drinkable meal for a breakfast on the go.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup quick-cooking steel cut oats
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. honey, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread wheat germ and walnuts in a thin layer in a shallow baking dish. Bake 5 to 10 minutes until lightly golden. Keep a close eye, as the wheat germ will burn quickly.
- Meanwhile, prepare oats with water according to package instructions. Once oatmeal is ready, mix in flaxseed, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons honey.
- Divide oatmeal into 4 serving dishes. Top each serving with toasted wheat germ and walnuts. Add a splash of coconut milk to each. Drizzle with remaining honey