Store these hearty muffins in an airtight container and enjoy them toasted with butter for the next few days.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin tin. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugars in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and whisk in the milk and butter.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the oatmeal, raisins, and nuts.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin tin, filling each about halfway. Bake for about 20 minutes. Serve.