Oatmeal Muffins with Raspberry and Walnuts
In addition to raspberries and walnuts, these muffins are made with cooked oatmeal as well as toasted and ground rolled oats.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raspberries
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 cup water and ¾ cup rolled oats. Microwave on high for 2½–3 minutes. Stir and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners; set aside. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast ¼ cup rolled oats until fragrant, about 3–5 minutes. Cool completely. Grind in food processor or blender.
- In large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, ground oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked oats, ground oatmeal, egg, butter, and vegetable oil and mix well. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in walnuts and raspberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for 18–23 minutes, or until they are set and golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove from muffin pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm.