Oatmeal Peach Muffins
If you prefer another kind of fruit, diced fresh pears or nectarines instead of peaches would both work well in this recipe.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 13 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ripe peaches
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners, or grease and flour the muffin cups. Toss peaches with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine flour, 1⁄2 cup oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, milk, and egg. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients and blend until just moistened. Fold in peaches and nuts.
- Mix together remaining 2 tablespoons oats, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about 2⁄3 to 3⁄4 full; sprinkle each muffin with a little of the oat mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 3 minutes in the pan on a wire rack, then remove muffins to the rack to cool completely.