Oatmeal-Raspberry Jam Bars
These bars, made with quick cooking oats, ground hazelnuts, and raspberry jam are great anyway you eat them; for a quick breakfast, a treat with brunch, a simple dessert or a special snack.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups quick cook oats, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together chopped oats, ground hazelnuts, flour, baking powder, and spices. Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Press 2 cups of the oat mixture into the pan. Spread with jam. Scatter and gently press the remaining oat mixture over the jam.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.