Looking for an alternative to chocolate chip cookies? Bursting with butterscotch in every bite, these simple oatmeal scotchies are a delightfully tasty break from your usual baking routine.
Serves: 24Prep: 10 minutesCook: 7 minutesTotal: 17 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 2⁄3 cups (11 oz.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9 to 10 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.