Oatmeal Streusel Muffins
Oatmeal muffins with a brown sugar oatmeal streusel topping are perfect for breakfast on the run.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup ground quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, whole-wheat flour, ground oatmeal, 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, and 1⁄4 cup melted butter.
- In small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, and cinnamon; mix with fingers until crumbly.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and sprinkle tops with cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and set. Cool on wire racks.