This quick and easy breakfast bread is excellent with eggs. It also works well as an afternoon snack.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rice or tapioca flour
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned or Irish oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard bread loaf pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, butter, Splenda, salt, and vanilla extract together.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 60 minutes on a rack in the middle of the oven. Remove the bread from the oven and set on a cooling rack. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.