You can use your favorite type of chocolate with this; milk chocolate, semisweet, dark, or bittersweet chocolate work equally well in these treats. You can even mix the types of chocolate, if you wish.
Makes: 60Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 4 cups high-quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. vegetable shortening
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper; set aside. Combine peanut butter, butter, and vanilla until well blended and smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until well mixed.
- Roll mixture into 3⁄4-inch balls; place on waxed paper. Place a toothpick in each ball to aid in dipping. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and shortening together in microwave, stirring until blended and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Dip each frozen peanut butter ball in melted chocolate, leaving top of peanut butter showing. Work quickly. Place back on waxed paper.
- Remove toothpicks. Chill 2 hours.