Ojai Ginger Lemon Salmon
Enjoy this wonderful fish on top of mixed greens or steamed vegetables. You can also bake this dish. Simply bake the fillets after marinating them. Pan-frying, however, does give them a crispy texture.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated gingerroot
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (8 oz. each)
- In a medium bowl combine lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ginger, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Place salmon fillets a plastic bag or airtight container, and pour in the marinade. Put in the refrigerator and let marinate for 3–4 hours, or if you prefer, overnight.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets flesh-side down in the pan and cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Flip to the skin side and cook for 3–4 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Serve on a bed of your favorite salad.