Ojai Ginger Lemon Salmon
Enjoy this wonderful fish on top of mixed greens or steamed vegetables. You can also bake this dish. Simply bake the fillets after marinating them. Pan-frying, however, does give them a crispy texture.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (8 oz. each)
- In a medium bowl combine lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ginger, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Place salmon fillets in a plastic bag or airtight container, and pour in marinade. Put in the refrigerator and marinate for 3 to 4 hours, or if you prefer, overnight.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place salmon fillets flesh-side down in the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip fillets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until skin is crispy.